THE WINOOSKI PARTNERSHIP FOR PREVENTION HAS ONE BOARD MEMBER OPENING AVAILABLE FOR A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT.
What would you do as a Youth Board Member?
* Gain valuable leadership experience working alongside other community leaders on a regular basis
* Attend board meetings as full, voting members
* Participate in strategy and planning-related decisions
* Learn about community challenges and opportunities regarding substance abuse prevention
* Gain experience in public speaking
* Make a positive impact in the community and school
* Get free snacks
* Build your resume
What are the requirements to become a Youth Board Member?
* Be passionate about the Winooski Partnership for Prevention’s mission to prevent substance abuse by educating and empowering Winooski
* Be curious
* Be available to attend meetings and events (6 meetings and 2 events per year)
* Be interested in making more connections at school and in your community
* Be seen as or interested in developing leadership skills
OK, I’m interested or curious. What’s next?
Send an email explaining that you’d like to be considered for board membership and why along with any questions you may have to Kate Nugent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.